Save on this prescription when you pay with Blink Health
Pay online and pick up at over 57,000 pharmacies nationwide, including:
Blink Health beats traditional prescription discount options in nearly every way.
Traditional way to save on prescriptions
The new way to save on prescriptions
Questions? Give us a call at 1 (855) 979-8290
Find savings of up to 95% on over 15,000 medications.
New to Blink Health?
Get OFF your first medications!
This medication is used to prevent cavities and to reduce pain from sensitive teeth (dentinal hypersensitivity). Sodium fluoride works by making the teeth stronger and more resistant to decay caused by acid and bacteria. Potassium nitrate works by calming the nerves in the teeth.
Do not use this medication in children younger than 6 years old unless directed by your doctor/dentist. Some products are not recommended for use in children younger than 12 years. Ask your doctor or dentist for more details about using this product safely in children. Caregivers/parents should watch the child to make sure the child does not swallow the medication while brushing.
Use this medication as directed by your doctor/dentist, usually twice daily (in the morning and evening).
Use this medication in place of your regular toothpaste unless otherwise directed by your doctor/dentist. Apply at least a 1 inch (2.5 centimeters) strip of the medication to a soft-bristled toothbrush, and brush your teeth for at least 1 minute. Spit out the medication after use. Some products recommend rinsing your mouth thoroughly after use. If you are using the gel form of the toothpaste, children should rinse their mouth thoroughly right away after brushing. For adults, do not rinse your mouth, eat, or drink for at least 30 minutes after use to get the best results.
Do not swallow the medication. Make sure to brush all sensitive areas of the teeth.
Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, use it at the same times each day.
Do not use this medication for longer than 4 weeks unless directed by your doctor/dentist. Sensitive/painful teeth may sometimes be a symptom of a serious problem that needs attention from a dentist.
Tell your doctor/dentist if your symptoms persist or worsen.
Mouth/gum irritation may rarely occur. If this effect persists or worsens, contact your doctor/dentist or pharmacist promptly.
Tell your doctor/dentist right away if your teeth become stained or pitted. This is often a result of too much fluoride.
A very serious allergic reaction to this drug is unlikely, but seek immediate medical attention if it occurs. Symptoms of a serious allergic reaction may include: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
This is not a complete list of possible side effects. If you notice other effects not listed above, contact your doctor/dentist or pharmacist.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor/dentist or pharmacist if you are allergic to sodium fluoride or potassium nitrate; or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
Before using this medication, tell your doctor/dentist or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: mouth problems (such as sores, mucositis).
Tell your doctor if you are pregnant before using this medication.
It is unknown if this medication passes into breast milk. However, it is unlikely to pass into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Store at room temperature away from heat. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
Some products that may interact with this drug include: other dental products.
This medication may be harmful if swallowed in large amounts. If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include: burning in the mouth, sore tongue, nausea/vomiting, diarrhea, increased saliva, stomach pain/cramping, muscle weakness, shaking, seizures.
If you miss a dose, use it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Do not share this medication with others.
Using this medication does not replace good dental habits. Continue to floss your teeth regularly as directed by your dentist, and have regular dental checkups.
Sensitive teeth can be caused by damage to the hard outside surface of the tooth (enamel). Avoid acidic food/drinks (such as ginger ale, limes/lemons, citrus-based drinks, coffee), which can damage the tooth enamel. Consult your doctor/dentist for more details.