Save on this prescription when you pay with Blink Health
Pay online and pick up at over 57,000 pharmacies nationwide, including:
Blink Health beats traditional prescription discount options in nearly every way.
Traditional way to save on prescriptions
The new way to save on prescriptions
Questions? Give us a call at 1 (855) 979-8290
Find savings of up to 95% on over 15,000 medications.
New to Blink Health?
Get OFF your first medications!
This medication is used to prevent and treat minor skin infections caused by small cuts, scrapes, or burns. It is available without a prescription for self-medication.
Do not use this product over large areas of the body. Ask your doctor first before using this product for serious skin injuries or infections (e.g., deep cuts, puncture wounds, animal bites, serious burns). A different treatment may be necessary for these types of conditions.
This product contains neomycin, bacitracin, and polymyxin, antibiotics that work by stopping the growth of bacteria. This medication prevents/treats only bacterial skin infections. It will not work for other types of skin infections (e.g., infections caused by fungi, viruses). Unnecessary use or misuse of any antibiotic can lead to its decreased effectiveness.
This medication is for use on the skin only. Follow all directions on the product package or use as directed by your doctor. If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Clean and dry the affected skin area. If you are using the ointment, wash your hands first. Then apply a small amount of medication (no more than can fit on your finger tip) in a thin layer on the skin and rub in gently, usually 1 to 3 times a day. Wash your hands after applying the ointment. If you are using the spray, shake the container well before using, then spray a small amount on the affected area as directed, usually 1 to 3 times a day. You may cover small treatment areas with a sterile bandage.
Do not use large amounts of this medication or apply this more often or for a longer period than directed. Your condition will not clear faster, but the risk of side effects may be increased. Do not use this product for longer than 1 week unless directed by your doctor. Do not use this medication on irritated skin in a child's diaper area unless directed by the doctor. After applying the medication to the diaper area, do not use tight-fitting diapers or plastic pants.
Avoid getting this medication in your eyes or inside the nose or mouth. If this occurs, wipe off the medication and rinse thoroughly with water.
Use this medication regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, use it at the same time(s) each day.
If your condition does not improve after a few days or if it worsens, or if you think you may have a serious medical problem, seek immediate medical attention.
This medication is usually well tolerated.
Rarely, use of this medication may result in other types of skin infections (e.g., fungal or other bacterial infections). Contact your doctor if you notice any unusual skin symptoms or if your condition does not improve.
If your doctor has directed you to use this medication, remember that he or she has judged that the benefit to you is greater than the risk of side effects. Many people using this medication do not have serious side effects.
A very serious allergic reaction to this product is rare. However, seek immediate medical attention if you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash (including redness, burning), itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
Before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to neomycin, bacitracin, or polymyxin; or to aminoglycoside antibiotics (e.g., gentamicin, tobramycin); or if you have any other allergies. This product may contain inactive ingredients, which can cause allergic reactions or other problems. Talk to your pharmacist for more details.
During pregnancy, this medication should be used only when clearly needed. Discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
It is not known if the medications in this product pass into breast milk. Consult your doctor before breast-feeding.
Store at room temperature away from heat. Keep all medications away from children and pets.
Do not flush medications down the toilet or pour them into a drain unless instructed to do so. Properly discard this product when it is expired or no longer needed. Consult your pharmacist or local waste disposal company.
If you are using this product under your doctor's direction, your doctor or pharmacist may already be aware of possible drug interactions and may be monitoring you for them. Do not start, stop, or change the dosage of any medicine before checking with your doctor or pharmacist first.
Before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you use any of the following medications: aminoglycoside antibiotics (e.g., amikacin, gentamicin, tobramycin).
This document does not contain all possible interactions. Therefore, before using this product, tell your doctor or pharmacist of all the products you use. Keep a list of all your medications with you, and share the list with your doctor and pharmacist.
This medicine may be harmful if swallowed. If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canada residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include: hearing problems, change in the amount of urine.
If you miss a dose, apply the medication as soon as you remember. If it is near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose to catch up.
See How to Use section.